Planning a wedding? Looking for a marriage record? Doing some genealogical research? Here's your first stop! We can help you apply for a marriage license or prepare a copy of one that's already recorded. You can also visit us in person to search through our record books -- We have recorded marriage records for Wood County beginning in 1801.

Just a quick note: while we handle all inquiries about marriages, divorces are another matter. If you have questions about obtaining a divorce, we suggest you talk with an attorney or, if it's a no-fault divorce, check with the Circuit Clerk's Office at (304) 424-1700.

If you were married in another West Virginia County or are doing some genealogical research and need a record, click here to find that County and the information needed to contact them.

Our hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, and you can reach us at (304) 424-1860.

How to Get a Certified Copy of a Marriage License:

You'll need to provide the names of the bride and groom and date of marriage. Cost for a certified copy of a marriage license is $5.00. Plus, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope (for mailed copies).

If you're mailing your request, send it to:

Wood County Clerk
P.O. Box 1474
Parkersburg, WV 26102

The Courthouse

Contact Information

Document Recording (304) 424-1899
Record Room (304) 424-1870
Finance (304) 424-1852
Marriages (304) 424-1860
Probate (304) 424-1898
Vital Statistics (304) 424-1845
Voter Registration (304) 424-1860

Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday 8:30am-4:30pm

Mailing Address
Wood County Clerk's Office
1 Court Square
P.O. Box 1474

Parkersburg, WV 26102